Tuesday, August 7, 2012

First Family Vacation

We are SO excited to have just spent an entire week in Florida.  As most would probably agree, a week long vacation spent almost anywhere is always a welcome relief from the daily grind.  But this summer's vacation really stands out for me because it was our first vacation shared as a family with our little girl.  Seeing her eyes wide with awe as she walked along in the sand and looked out at the ocean for the first time definitely changed the beach for me.  I have always enjoyed the beach, but this time everything about it was different for me because it was almost like I was seeing it for the first time through her eyes.  Her amazement at the new surroundings kept me smiling the whole time.  She was completely fascinated by the sand, sifting her tiny fingers through it constantly.  And she thoroughly enjoyed having the ocean waves wash over her feet.  She didn't have one hesitation about any of it and explored everything with such fearless confidence.  I can only hope that - with a loving, nurturing upbringing - this tiny, brave, wonderful little person will hold on to those traits, as they will carry her far and make anything possible for her.  She is truly the light of my life.

I left my "big camera" behind for most of our trip and relied on our tiny point-and-shoot automatic camera (and my iPhone) to do the work for me.  (Hey, I was on vacation!!)  Here are a few snapshots, some taken by someone other than me, of our trip.








No comments: